Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome and movie #1

Welcome to my 2012 movie tally. I didn't make it very far into my tally last year. A very serious car accident on February 5th made it impossible for me to continue the blog. I watched movies, but was in no mood to write about them. This year has to go better. With that in mind, let's go to movie #1 of the year.

 Apocalypse Now (1979)


 Very good, very weird. I had actually never seen it before I watched it last weekend. I enjoyed it up until the last 40 minutes or so. I guess I stopped liking it right about the time Dennis Hopper showed up. Not because of him, but that's where the movie took a turn for the surreal, which was much different than the rest of the film. I didn't even realize til someone told me a couple days after my screening that Lawrence Fishburne was in it. Amazing cast, great effects (all in-camera I assume), great performances, but I guess the direction was lacking somewhat for my tastes.   Loved the music, both songs and score. The version I watched was on Epix and was beautiful in HD.  Looked like a brand new movie. I plan on checking out the Redux version soon, as well.

Overall, 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment