Saturday, January 14, 2012

Movie #5 - Shutter Island (2010)

I wasn't sure if I should include this film in my tally, since I didn't - no, I couldn't watch the whole thing.  I decided to add it based on the fact that I did watch more than half of it, very reluctantly.  I can't believe this is a Scorsese film.  If I wouldn't have known who the director was, I would have guessed Terrence Malik.  The altered reality visual style is very reminiscent of The New World, which I loathe.  If there is anything good to say about this film, it has to be that DiCaprio does a decent job with a mediocre script.  Every line from the supporting cast, including the usually excellent Ben Kingsley, seem telegraphed and phony.  There were times during special effects scenes, especially the storm, that I thought I was watching a Sy-Fy network "movie."  Easily the worst of my short year so far.

1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment